Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 18 in Tokyo













Dear family, 

Wow! Sounds like everyone has had a fun week with the family! This next week is probably Magrath days, right? Have fun everyone! Thanks for tell me about girls camp, Waterton, and everything else that is happening lately. As fun as it would probably be for Jare and lys to move to Calgary, I'm glad they are staying in Lethbridge for a little while. That will be fun to have them close by still. Congrats on getting excepted into the U of L Jare! 
As sad as it is to hear about the trampoline, I have to admit that I laughed so hard when I read Dad's letter about it, haha! I miss seeing the little boys mischief and smarts. They are so funny! I can see how it might have been fun for them to burn holes in the trampoline with magnifying glasses and then to stab it with knives... Haha. Poor trampoline... It sounds like we still need to keep a close eye on Jameson and Jarom, haha. 

Well, before I get too far into my letter, I should probably tell you all about transfer calls!!! We received a phone call this morning, and...
****drum role please****  I WILL BE STAYING IN KOIWA!  :D 
I'm really happy I get to stay. I love Koiwa so much! There are so many special people here who I've learned so much from. I'm so blessed to be able to stay in an area for longer than 3 transfers. It's definitely something special, and I know it is the Lord's will. Sister Ahn is staying too, so we will be companions for another transfer together. I should be a good one! Lots of good things ahead in August for our investigators. :) 

This week has been really busy! Our ward recently received a new bishop and a new ward mission leader. Together, they have come up with an amazing ward mission plan and they showed us this plan yesterday at our meeting together. I think we will see some amazing miracles in the work as we focus our efforts on the members becoming involved with missionary work. Their goal is to have all the members on board and dendo fired so that they are inspired to share the gospel with their friends and family members. Their vision is of families and members in the ward reaching out to their friends. From there, the missionaries will always have people to teach and the recent converts who are baptized will have automatic fellow shippers and support in their journey of conversion. I think it's really awesome. It has definitely helped me refocus my efforts on finding though the members in our ward and asking for them for referrals. It has been neat to see many of the members already take off with this plan and introduce their friends to the missionaries. It's been really neat to see. Members are so important in missionary work. 
Anyway, this week we focussed our efforts more towards visiting less actives and recent converts in the ward this week. We had some really amazing lessons and the spirit was felt so strong. We taught the Plan of Salvation to one of the families we visited. It was a powerful lesson. I love teaching about the Plan of Salvation because it is something so special to my heart. I was able to testify of the reality of God's plan and families being able to be together forever. As I was testifying, I felt impressed to talk about Renzo, Clay, Jorden, and Danae from our little town in Magrath. As I explained what happened in the car crash, and how I had to pray hard to know if I would really see them again or not, I learned that one of the boys in this family had a similar experience with one of his friends. I will never forget the hope in his eyes as I told about my experience. The whole family was listening, but I saw such a change in him as I testified. Everyone's feelings were really tender. It was an amazing experience. I promised this family and this boy that they could know anything by praying to God and asking to receive an answer. I promised this boy that he would see his friend again. 

This week was our friend Minami chan's birthday! We went out to lunch together with her friend Megumi Chan. We ate at this really neat Okanomiyaki restaurant and it was really fun! They are both doing really well. I'm really grateful I get to be here when they are Baptized. They are such good friends to us. :) I will send some pictures. 

I did receive Grandma Tessa's patriarchal blessing. Thank you for helping me with that, Daddy. I am so so grateful. Thank you for helping me get it. The other side of the veil is so close. I know that and can feel that. We are never alone and God really has promised us Angels on our right hand and on our left to bare us up. I have experienced this over and over again on my mission. It's made a huge change on the way I see things and people. It's helped me see missionary work in a new light too. Just as there are missionaries here, there are missionaries on the other side and they are helping to prepare the hearts of the people who we teach and talk to everyday. I think they are closer than we all think. It's not always easy to keep this perspective in mind, but it really does make all the difference. In light of this, I love the story in he Old Testament of Elisha and his servant. As they wake up in the morning, they find that their whole city is surrounded by armies and chariots full of warriors. Elisha's servant begins to fear for their lives. Elisha replies: 
"Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." After this, the veil is taken from the servants eyes and he sees the hosts of angels that are with them. 
Wouldn't it be something to be able to see all of the Angels that are watching over us everyday? I think sometimes in our lives we are privileged to feel heaven's help, or when we have been carried by a higher power. These experiences have always fascinated me. I read a quote by elder Anderson this week that I really liked. It says:

"As you keep the commandments and pray in faith to see the Lord’s hand in your life, I promise you that He will open your spiritual eyes even wider, and you will see more clearly that you are not alone."- elder Andersen 

What a powerful promise! In light of Elisha's story, I would like to share a few other scriptures. 

15 Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice, and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.

16 Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, which I have sent mine angels to commit unto you;

17 Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked;

18 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of my Spirit, which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you, and be agreed as touching all things whatsoever ye ask of me, and be faithful until I come, and ye shall be caught up, that where I am ye shall be also. Amen. (D&C 27:15-18)

I know that God sends us divine help everyday in our lives. Whether we see it, feel it, or not, it is there. Sometimes it is easy to feel like we are walking directionless and not receiving answers to our prayers, but God knows all things. He really does trust us to make good decisions and I testify that He will never leave us without help. We are never truly alone. If we could see the host of heaven that surround us in our daily lives, I'm sure we would never doubt or feel afraid. It is such a blessing when we are able to catch a small glimpse of the hand of God in our lives. It amazes me everyday. 
Anyway, thanks for letting me share some of my thoughts with all of you. :) 
Love you all so much! Have a fun week at Magrath day! 
Love always, 

Sister Hubbard XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment