Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 49 Japan Tokyo Mission






Harajuku








Shibuya! This is the busiest street in the world! It is called the
scrambler. So neat!

Dear family,

We were super busy this week with everything! My time is super short
today as it has been a busy p-day, but I hope I can share some of the
cool things that have happened this week.

To start, we received of phone call from Sister Nagano this past week,
(mission pres wife) and she asked us if we would take a day trip over
to Koiwa area to do a mini exchange with the sister training leaders
in the Tokyo East Zone. When I heard Sister Nagano say Koiwa, the most
incredible excitement filled me as I realized I would be going back to
my first area for a few hours!! So awesome! Sister Junot and Sister
Coughenour from my MTC district are serving in Koiwa right and so it
was really nice to see them as well as some of the people I used to
work with there. I was only able to see one of my recent converts, but
it was still a wonderful experience to be dendouing in my first area
again. I'm not sure what it is about that place, but it is definitely
special inside my heart. So exciting! I love it!

Today Sister Bettridge and I travelled back into Tokyo to a place
called Shibuya. I sent a bunch of pictures, so those should be fun to
look at. About 5 years before Sister Bettridge came on a mission, she
had a Japanese exchange student come and stay with her family. We met
her today in Shibuya and were able to talk with her and share the
gospel with her. It was neat for me to see sister Bettridge so excited
to meet her again. We went to the busiest street/intersection in the
world! It was neat. Enjoy the pictures! :)

Okay, a little bit of investigator talk:

So a while back, I talked about a woman named C----- San. She's
great! We had an appointment to meet her at the Matsudo church this
past week, but she said that she wouldn't be able to come due to
getting off work late. She suggested we could meet her close to a park
right next to her work and so we went to this park on Friday to wait
for her. Sister Bettridge and I have met people in many places other
than the church, and we figured it would be difficult to teach her a
lesson if we were walking around a park but still felt like we should
go. We went, and as we were walking through the park with her, she
suggested we sit down on a bench. We did so, and before we knew it,
she had pulled out the restoration pamphlet from her bag and told us
she had a few questions for us. So neat!! She is such an amazing
person. Her heart is so pure and we love her so much! We are meeting
her again tomorrow and so we are excited for her.

I mentioned last week that we had found a family to teach! This past
week, we went and taught J-----, the mother of six, three times! She
loves the gospel and although she is very busy in the next little
while, we hope she will be able to continue to meet with us.

Our friend Yo San had us over for dinner this past week and we had a
great time with her. I should have took a picture, but we ate jelly
fish!! Haha, definitely an adventure! During the lesson, She told us
she has so many questions for us and said we needed to meet every week
so we can help her find answers. She's also great! Yo San is from
China and she has an amazing story I wish I had time to share, but
long story short, she has an outstanding desire to know about Jesus
Christ and the things He taught. We taught her about the Spirit, and
she said she had felt him touch her life before. Meeting with Yo San
has made me realize how much the Lord knows us. He knows exactly what
needs to happen in our lives in order for us to learn and grow. This
knowledge gives me great hope for all the people who say no to us
everyday. God is working His wonders in their lives too, and is
providing opportunities for them to receive the Gospel. Someday
everyone will know about this gospel! It's amazing to think about.

We have exchanges again this next week, and then transfer calls next
Monday as well. I guess we will see what happens with everything! I'd
love to stay in Matsudo longer, but I'm okay with doing something else
too if that is what the Lord wants. This is His work. I know this
church is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know He
loves us and is mindful of us. He lives. As I have gone through this
past week, I feel like I have learned a lot about how God must feel
about us. As sister Bettridge and I have said goodbye to people who
tell us they no longer want to meet with us, I feel like I have felt
just a small portion of the sadness God must feel when we withdraw
ourselves from Him. It's definitely sad to say goodbye to people who
have entered into our hearts. It's difficult sometimes to see how much
people need the gospel and then to see them reject it, resulting in a
loss of blessings they so desperately need. As I have entrusted these
people back into the Lord's care and hands, My heart strings ring and
it is sometimes really difficult. However, I've found that as I pray
for the Lord's peace and strength that I am able to do all things
through Him. My mind is calmed, and I feel the most incredible peace.
I believe God weeps with us and for us. He loves us so much. He knows
the thoughts and the intents of our hearts. He blesses us individually
and knows what will make us happy and what we need to experience in
order to grow. I love this Gospel so much.
Well, that's all I have time for this week! Sorry this is kind of
short and バラバラ (all over the place)。I love you all so much! Have a
wonderful week. :)
Love always,

Sister Hubbard


No comments:

Post a Comment